Conference on “Integrability in Gauge and String Theory”
Integrable models form a beautiful class of physical models in the sense that they are exactly solvable. For this reason they have always provided a treasured class of systems where the underlying structures of the model can be laid bare and understood. They also display a variety of elegant mathematical structures, having intimate ties with quantum algebras, braid groups and more.
Somewhat more recently, the phenomenon of integrability found its way into gauge and string theories, most notably in the area of the AdS/CFT correspondence. There they made possible a number of giant leaps forward in solving and understanding, for instance, the spectrum of anomalous dimensions and the computation of scattering amplitudes in supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory (a recent review of the subject area can be found in the collection “Review of AdS/CFT Integrability”). There is still a lot to be understood about the deep connections between string theory, gauge theory and various integrable models making this a field of active research with exciting developments.
The purpose of the IGST2012 conference is to assess, discuss and evaluate the recent developments in this field. We aim to bring together researchers working in gauge theories, string theory, integrable systems and mathematics and stimulate interaction between them. There will be 23 talks, some of which will be filled in shortly before the conference in order to reflect the latest developments. There will also be ample time and opportunities for discussions.
Dates & Venue
20 – 24 August 2012
- Vladimir Kazakov (ENS, Paris)
- Gregory Korchemsky (IPhT Saclay)
- Juan Maldacena (IAS, Princeton)
- Matthias Staudacher (HU Berlin)
- Arkady Tseytlin (Imperial College, London)
- Pedro Vieira (Perimeter Institute, Waterloo)
Website and Poster Design
- Niklas Beisert
- Marius de Leeuw
- Amanda Eisenhut
- Cristian Vergu
This event is the continuation of a sequence of conferences on integrability and gauge/string duality begun in 2005.
- 2005: Summer Institute, ENS Paris
- 2006: int06 Workshop, AEI Potsdam
- 2007: 12th Claude Itzykson Meeting, Saclay/ENS Paris
- 2008: IGST08 Workshop, Universiteit Utrecht
- 2009: int09 Conference, AEI Potsdam
- 2010: IGST10 Conference, NORDITA Stockholm
- 2011: IGST11 Conference, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- 2012: int12 Conference, ETH Zürich
- 2013: IGST13 Conference, Universiteit Utrecht
- 2014: IGST14 Conference, DESY Hamburg
- 2015: IGST15 Conference, King's College London
- 2016: IGST16 Conference, HU Berlin